POSTING EFFECTIVE: June 22, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Outreach Coordinator
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
WAGE RANGE: $35,000 – $55,000
Grow & Lead’s mission is to provide nonprofit organizations with expertise, training, and resources so that all youth can thrive in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We are a small team focused on strengthening our communities through service to nonprofit staff and boards. We value a positive work environment and work/life balance. The Outreach Coordinator is a key member of our team.
Core Responsibilities – Responsibilities may include some or all of the following tasks; focus will vary based on current projects and deadlines.
Communications & Marketing
Develop promotional assets for training opportunities and special events. Create content for social media pages. Contribute to content development for annual appeal and sponsorships. Manage media relations and external partner relationships. Facilitate virtual networking or training. Serve as a resource and provide training to organizations in topics related to marketing and/or fundraising.
Strengthen member organizations by understanding their needs and, when appropriate, translate available Grow & Lead services. Recruit and retain member organizations, ensure requests for assistance are efficiently responded to, records are kept updated and memberships timely renewed. Provide member benefits as requested.
#Give906 GivingTuesday Community Campaign
Oversee the #give906 community campaign as part of GivingTuesday including assisting regional nonprofit organizations with the development of their campaigns and coordinating with GivingTuesday staff.
Provide timely notes in customer database (in Salesforce) with accurate, consistent information. Create reports as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
May sit for long periods of time utilizing a computer. Occasional prolonged standing. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexible work scheduling available. Occasional work required in early morning or evening for special events may be required. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) which may be performed remotely and/or through a hybrid of office and virtual settings.
We utilize Mac computers and each employee is provided with a laptop. Each employee must have a strong home internet connection. Familiarity with the following is helpful: Salesforce, Slack, Zoom, Google Drive, Canva, Constant Contact, Divi, WordPress and MS Office Suite.
Occasional travel may be required.
- The ability to use your marketing expertise to promote our mission and services.
- The ability to assess other organizations’ needs and recommend services, tools, or other methods to support their success.
- The ability to lead and facilitate meetings, trainings, and/or workshops.
- The ability to identify potential partnerships and build relationships.
- The ability to identify and complete tasks with minimal direction and ability to anticipate needs related to future work.
- The knowledge and use of information systems and databases and/or willingness to learn.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Use good judgment in decision-making related to scope of work and in personal interactions.
- Possess organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Have demonstrated cooperation and collaboration skills in team settings.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years’ experience in a nonprofit organization
- Must live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
We offer full-time employees medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family with a 20 percent cost share. Other benefits include a flexible spending account, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, 401(k) retirement plan, four weeks paid leave annually, 11 paid holidays, 12 sick days and bereavement leave.
Studies show that men will apply to jobs when they believe they meet 40-60% of the qualifications, while women will usually only apply to jobs when they believe they meet 90-100% of the qualifications. We encourage anyone with different experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Submit your cover letter (including desired salary range) and resume (in PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls, please.
Grow & Lead is an equal opportunity employer.