It’s National Volunteer Week and what better way to recognize the outstanding volunteers in your neck of the Upper Peninsula than nominating them for a U.P. Service Award!
Making a nomination for the U.P. Service Awards is great for a number of reasons:
- If your nominee is chosen as an award recipient, they and a guest will be invited to the U.P. Nonprofit Conference Oct. 18 where they will be treated like volunteer rock stars during a special U.P. Service Awards luncheon. They will receive a beautiful plaque and have the opportunity to take part in the full conference.
- Whether your nominee is chosen as the recipient in their category, they will be duly recognized and honored. They will receive a letter notifying them that you thought so highly of their efforts that you took the time to nominate them. They will also receive a certificate of recognition and thanks, suitable for framing, for their outstanding service.
- Your nomination helps shine the spotlight on your local community and the wonderful things that volunteers are making happen there.
- Recipients and nominees may also be featured on WLUC TV6’s UPside.
- Most importantly, your nominee’s story will no doubt inspire others to make volunteer service a part of their lives too. That’s great for everyone!
There are five categories of awards. Click on the links to make your nomination in each category. Or download a printable nomination form. The youth, adult and senior awards honor individuals who are making a positive difference in their communities.
The volunteer program award recognizes the importance of groups or organizations in driving volunteer activity. Nonprofits, schools, service clubs, faith-based organizations, national service programs and community coalitions are examples of potential nominees.
The business community leader award honors a for-profit business that supports its community through charitable acts such as corporate volunteer programs, monetary or in-kind contributions or employee-driven volunteering.
Nominations are open through June 1. Your nomination will help us say a collective THANK YOU to those volunteers that do so much to make the U.P. a great place to live.